Dental Assistant School: Your Gateway to a Rewarding Career
Dental assisting is a vital role in the healthcare industry, offering a direct impact on patient care and dental office efficiency. If you’re considering a career as a dental assistant, you may be wondering about the role of dental assistant school in your career pathway. In this article, we’ll explore the ins and outs of dental assistant school, from what you can expect to learn to how to select the best program for you.
The Role of Dental Assistant School
Dental assistant school serves as the first step toward a career in dental assisting. It provides the foundational knowledge and practical skills necessary to support dentists and dental hygienists in providing patient care. Dental assistant schools vary in terms of program length, curriculum, teaching method, and cost, but all share the common goal of preparing students for a successful career in dental assisting.
What Does Dental Assistant School Teach?
A comprehensive dental assistant program will cover a wide range of topics, including, but not limited to:
- Dental Anatomy and Terminology: Understanding the structure of the teeth and mouth, and the terms used in dentistry, is crucial for effective communication and performance of duties in a dental office.
- Dental Procedures: From routine cleanings to more complex procedures like fillings and crowns, a dental assistant school will teach you what these procedures entail and your role in assisting them.
- Patient Care: This includes understanding how to comfort and care for patients, maintaining patient confidentiality, and managing patient records.
- Office Administration: Dental assistants also play a role in administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, processing payments, and insurance handling.
- Dental Radiology: You’ll learn how to take and process dental X-rays, an essential skill in many dental offices.
- Infection Control: A dental assistant school will cover the principles and practices of infection control in a dental setting, including instrument sterilization and room preparation.
Selecting the Right Dental Assistant School
Choosing the right dental assistant school is crucial to your success as a dental assistant. You’ll want to consider factors such as:
- Accreditation: Ensure the school you choose is accredited, as this guarantees that the program meets certain standards of quality and prepares you for certification exams.
- Curriculum: Look for a comprehensive curriculum that covers all the necessary areas of dental assisting.
- Flexibility: If you have other commitments, you may need a flexible, self-paced program like the one offered by 90 Day Dental Assistant.
- Passing Rates: High passing rates for certification exams indicate that the program effectively prepares its students.
- Support Services: Additional services like job placement assistance, externship coordination, and resume writing can significantly impact your transition from school to the workforce.
The 90 Day Dental Assistant Difference
At 90 Day Dental Assistant, we offer a top-rated dental assistant program that is convenient, flexible, and self-paced. Our comprehensive online program is designed to equip you with all the skills and knowledge you need to pass the Registered Dental Assistant exam and excel in your dental assisting career.
Our students have a high success rate, with 85% passing the RHS exam on their first attempt, and 98% finding a career upon completion of the program. Plus, when you enroll, you’ll gain instant access to our course content, including filmed lectures, quizzes, and more.
The journey to becoming a dental assistant can be a fulfilling and rewarding experience, opening up a world of opportunities in the dental industry. Ready to take your first step towards a promising career in dental assisting? Enroll in 90 Day Dental Assistant today! Your future starts here.